Water Management and Soil Protection in Mining
April 19-22, 2021
Join IECA for the Water Management and Soil Protection in Mining to explore some of the environmental challenges of mining. This three-part series will examine how we can invest in environmental management in mining. Learn from industry leaders as they tackle mining, while working to provide clean water, healthy soil and care for the environment. Attendees can expect to learn:
• Different approaches to water management.
• Examples of soil protection.
• How to improve community relationships and investment in the environment during mining activity.
• The concepts behind successful mine reclamation.
– Monday, April 19 | 3:00 – 4:00 PM Mountain Time
Leave it Looking Better Than How You Found it!, presented by Blaine Serrin, Kyle Fend and Sam Field, Perpetua Resources
– Tuesday, April 20 | 3:00 – 4:00 PM Mountain Time
Pre-Mine Analysis and Soil Reconstruction Protocols to Optimize Reclamation Success, presented by W. Lee Daniels, Virginia Tech
– Wednesday, April 21 | 3:00 – 4:30 PM Mountain Time
Techniques for Interim Stabilization of Mine Spoils until Permanent Revegetation can be Achieved, presented by Michael Frankcombe, National Technical Leader Land, Water and Rehabilitation
Wasteland to Wetland: The Urunga Antimony Processing Plant Remediation, presented by Clayton Colmer – New South Wales’ Soil Conservation Service
A Blueprint of Rehabilitating Success, presented by Rob Loch, BAgrSc, BA, Ph.D., CPSS, Landloch Pty Ltd
– Thursday, April 22 | 3:00 – 4:00 PM Mountain Time
Water Management and Soil Protection in Mining – Panel Discussion, moderated by Nicky Araujo, IECA President
COST: FREE Members, $50 Nonmembers
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 4.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH)
Register Now at https://ehub.ieca.org/p/MiningWebinar